20 ALKALINE FOODS TO TREASURE & ACID FOODS TO TRASH
What have I got against Acid foods? Well… quite a bit actually, but that’s not to say you need to avoid them 100% all the time, they just need to be had in mindful moderation. Eating Acid forming foods has been linked to
- Altering hormone levels. Most notably decreases levels of human growth hormone which is needed for stimulating cell regeneration and growth.
- Contributing to chronic pain – due to their reputation for causing inflammation in the body, which notably has been seen to support tumour growth in cancers also.
- Lowering Bone Density. Which can lead to osteoporosis.
- Acid Reflux. Leading to symptoms such as heartburn and chest pain.
- Kidney stones due to the high PH levels in urine.
Among other symptoms are low energy, exhaustion, brain fog, joint pain, muscle weakness, frequent headaches, and colds. Who wouldn’t want to avoid all that is what I am saying?!
Here are 20 Acid forming foods to try and reduce or eliminate in your diet. Remember you don’t have to go cold turkey on all these, just every little helps.
- Fast food meals
- Alcohol (especially beer)
- Milk – (Get your ample dose of calcium from vegetables like kale, broccoli, and spinach)
- Caffeinated drinks
- Red meat
- Processed cereals
- Wheat products
- Table sugar
- Refined vegetable oils
- Deep Fried foods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Sports drinks
- Corn syrup
Here are 20 Alkaline forming foods to graciously boost your diet with:
- Beet Greens (the captain of the Alkaline Squad!)
- Swiss Chard
- Bell Peppers
- Soybeans / Tofu
- Fresh coconut (not dried)
- Sweet Potatoes